Tuesday, March 4, 2008


Starting tomorrow I am going to be a liftee for the remainder of the ski season. This is great news because I still get my regular rate of pay (substantially higher than a liftee) and I will get to be outdoors during the best month to be outdoors! I get to take ski breaks, work shorter shifts, and generally just rock as we close the 07/08 season. The only downside I can foresee is that in order to work the lifts I will have to wake up crazy early, like 5 AM styles, so that is a major disappointment. I cannot get to my office at 8:30 and I live less than a mile away. As if that wasn't going to be hard enough for me, it is also that magical time of the year when this region of the United States springs forward (where time is concerned) so I will be losing one hour until I get used to things.

I miss living in Arizona where the time was always the same. Arizona didn't fuck with no clocks because Arizona kept it real and did not meddle with time-travel. Thus explains why Arizona, despite being real, has some of the dumbest kids in the nation. Unlike all the other 49 states in the Union which have successfully utilized time-travel; Arizona has not. On March 9, 2008 at 3:00AM in the morning I will call all my friends in Arizona and tell them about all the wondrous advances that have happened because they will still be stuck in March 9, 2008, 2:00AM. I must be careful not to change the course of history and forever alter the future, so I will just allude to those advances. Better safe than sorry. Please enjoy the extent of my computer aided drafting skills.

No comments: