Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yesterday I tapped into my psychic potential. Don't worry, I cannot read people's minds or levitate objects, yet. I did, however, affect the future just by thinking about it! If you recall, yesterday's post was about how much disdain I had for one of my roommates. Towards the end I hinted that I would soon be rid of him...well guess what?!?!

As I was writing that post yesterday Mark got fired! YES! Some may say it is coincidence, but if I had only written about him earlier I might have been rid of him for sometime now. Don't get me wrong, it sucks that he got fired, no one deserves that (although blowing phat rails all night and not making it to work on time in the morning is certainly asking for it), but it is such a good thing for my psyche. I dreaded being home alone with him and would either retreat to my room or avoid my house all together. After I heard the news I did the only thing I could think; celebrate!

Celebrate means that I went to the grocery store and bought food. This may not seem like much of a celebration but when you have an asshole roommate that gets high and eats your food in the middle of the night, it is like New Years Eve. I have had much the Spartan diet the past few weeks to deter Mark from eating what meager food I do have. Think turkey sandwiches with mustard and cheese, raisin bran (the knock-off), eggs (cage-free, ethical reasons there) and salsa. Water to drink. Sure I was being decently healthy, but there was no variety in my diet because of him. Last night I spent 100 bucks at King Soopers (Kroger) and enjoyed every second of it. My cupboards are now full of delicious treats, fruits and vegetables, honest to god ingredients to cook things, and a variety of fluids!

Now if only I had time to eat above mentioned food, then my life would be perfect. I have to work six nights at the bar this week. That, coupled with my 40 per week day job, and well...you get one tired kid. It's good to be busy, just a little much right now. I'm getting up earlier to boot in an attempt to get the maximum days of snowboarding in before the season ends. After they close the mountain I still plan to illegally hike it on the weekends and hit the back country and what not, but it is always nice to get a lift up.

Speaking of the season ending, I am in the hunt for a decent mountain bike. I am going to start downhill mountain biking this summer, so feel free to point me in the right direction there as I have no idea what the hell I am doing in that arena. Big snowboarding sale tomorrow, I'm looking for a Libtech 1986 Mullet, some Rome bindings and maybe an extra set of Oakley goggles? Too much to ask for? Probably. I'll take 1 outta 3 though.

No comments: